Jersey Association of Directors & Officers – Membership Guidelines
The Jersey Association of Directors & Officers (the “Association”) was established on 17 May 2011. The Charter of the Association states that:
“Membership of the Association will be open to all Directors approved by the Committee from time to time (and such other organisations and individuals as the Committee may from time to time approve).”
The Committee of the Association has resolved that it is necessary to establish guidelines in respect of the professional background of the individuals in Jersey whom the Committee is seeking to attract to become members of the Association.
The following individuals may be accepted as members of the Association by the Membership Secretary on behalf of the Association:
- An individual who acts or has acted as a director of a Jersey company
- An individual who acts or has acted as an alternate director of a Jersey company
- An individual who acts as an officer to a Jersey company, including Money Laundering Reporting Officers, Money Laundering Compliance Officers and Compliance Officers
- An individual who is a Partner in a partnership, or holds a senior leadership position in a partnership, for example law firms and accountancy practices with a substantive Jersey connection
- An individual who holds a senior leadership position in a company or public body with a substantive Jersey connection
- An individual who has subscribed to the Association’s education programmes
- An individual who does not fall into any of the above categories but who at the discretion of the Committee is deemed appropriate for membership and such application is approved by any two members of the Committee
To join JADO, please click here.